What does your company stand for? Better yet, what do you—as an individual—stand for? Identifying and understanding the values and beliefs that define you (or your company) is a critical step in solidifying personal or corporate branding.
To put it simply, company values define culture, and a company’s culture determines how employees act. At DecisionWise, our team came together and defined our values—what we as a company, and as individuals, believe in and stand for. Here’s what we came up with.
- Vitality—Be alive; be strong. We thrive on physical, intellectual, and emotional health and energy.
- Authenticity—Be honest and real. We share our true selves and expect others to do the same.
- Drive—Own the outcome. We embrace challenge and relentlessly deliver results.
- Expertise—Know your stuff. We achieve mastery in our work and are the recognized authority in what we do.
- Care—Think beyond yourself. We have genuine interest in our team, our clients, and the communities in which we live and work.
- Family—Personal relationships matter. We refuse to believe that work and personal life cannot coexist.
To reinforce these values, our recognition team developed an internal peer-to-peer reward program to catch people living our values. At different times throughout the year each employee receives five tokens representing the values.
Having an internal recognition program with our core values at its foundation helps us all remember who we are and what we stand for and strengthens our engagement. Being able to redeem the tokens we earn for prizes makes the program even more enjoyable.
Think about your company values. What do you stand for? What makes your company different from its competitors? How do you measure success? Do your company values drive employee engagement? If you already have a well-defined set of values in your organization, that’s fantastic! Keep engaging your employees in a value-driven workplace.